Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Have you taken time to notice how automated everything is becoming, for our convenience? The latest things that have been helping me be more efficient is the automatic check-out system at Costco where you scan your merchandise, bag your stuff and leave. So much faster and easier to get in and get out.

This week I had the pleasure of processing film off my digital camera chip at CVS. You simply input what you want to do, input your chip and away it goes. Within 10 minutes I had my developed photos at a nominal price.

The latest automated processing is going to be the check-ins for rental cars at the airports. You can simply check in and go right to your car without having to wait in line for service. I don't do that anyway, thank goodness because I am a Hertz Gold Club member but this process will help many, many other people.

Given the popularity of the movies Avatar and Alice in Wonderland, 3-D TVs are appearing in the marketplace. Although I think we will wait a couple of years until the prices come down and the technology get tweaked, it will be exciting to feel you are part of what you are watching.

What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment