Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Preparing to Attend the Mortgage Bankers Association in Atlanta

So it's been five years since I attended and actually served "booth duty" at the annual MBA conference. In 2005, the conference was held in Orlando during Hurricane Wilma.  That was an experience - I remember the chandeliers swinging a bit, the lights flashing, wind blowing outside and lots of rain but that was about it for the Orlando area. That was the last year I was actively in the mortgage business - served as a national business development manager for a valuation company based in CA.  Looking back now, I think the hurricane arriving in FL was a metaphor to what happened in the mortgage business the following year and continues to effect many.

This year the conference is in Atlanta in less than two weeks and close enough to justify going although I will be attending from a different perspective as a coach and part time sales consultant.  It will be a lot of fun reconnecting with my old associates, clients and new people I will meet.  The industry is in tremendous turmoil currently and I believe there is a huge opportunity for coaching to change processes and mind sets of how to do business in service to the consumer.  It will be interesting to reflect on what I see and hear and what opportunities there are and where the decision makers think this huge industry is heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment