Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Last Day of May 2011

I always like to spend some time reflecting back on the current month and do so on the last day of the month. I ask myself - what was I grateful for that happened during the month (this one is easy for me as I write in a gratitude journal every day (thank you Oprah). I also think about what lessons I learned whether they were good or bad. So for May, this is what showed up for me.

I am grateful for the beautiful weather we experienced this month. South Florida may be getting a bit warm and humid but the sun was out and living across the street from the ocean, we get wonderful breezes. Given the horrific storms that affected Alabama, Missouri and Oklahoma in May, we are lucky down here. I am also grateful for visits from dear friends from Tennessee, the good health of our children and ourselves. My Women of Tomorrow seniors got to celebrate at their senior luncheon in Miami; Daphney won a $2,000 scholarship. I get to work with wonderful clients who embrace change, including some new ones. I took up golf after 15-years and am now starting to play every week. I attended the annual ASTD conference in Orlando and met some very interesting people, became aware of new innovative training programs;  and spent quality time with old friends in Orlando.

The lessons I learned - literally Golf lessons which I need as I am a bit rusty. I continually learn to listen, slow down and embrace the present moment. I have had conversations that after rewinding, know it would have served me to have taken a step back and thought or breathed before I spoke. I am learning not to label people or pass judgment which is important for me as a coach. Everyone has their life challenges, experiences and agendas and I only have control over me.

I am looking forward to what June has in store and what shows up or disappears. I just have to let it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment