Thursday, June 23, 2011

Making a Change

Many business people want to implement a new idea, new service, improve the company culture, create more wealth, learn how to prioritize their business and on and on.....When they get serious about doing this, hiring a good coach can make the process easier to digest. Here are some helpful steps I guide my clients to do when creating change :

       - Ask yourself "Why?" - you want to get really clear of what the purpose/vision is behind this new focus. What will the benefit be for creating this change? How will it impact my life and my business? How will it How will you know if it's successful? What will be different? What will this change look like in six month, one-year, five-years?

       - What needs to happen? This is the Strategy Step. Get really clear and understand what your plan is and how long it will take to get it done. What's this going to cost me? How much time do I need to devote to this? Who else is involved? What is the message I want to convey to my staff, the market, etc.?

       - How (Implementation) Drill down all the details that need to be put in place as I create change; What are your timelines? Who is supporting me on this and how do I allocate my time? Who is holding me accountable?  Prioritize where your time is spent wisely and efficiently.

When you view change through this lens, the process will be much clearer, easier to manage and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment