Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Art of Silence

Silence - the part of life that brings me inspiration, peace and awareness.  I have been actively living in the present moment these past couple of weeks and it is becoming easier and easier to stay there simply by breathing when my mind starts to be too active.  Multi-tasking is very easy for me and because of this, I have to consciously not get caught up in it.  By breathing, I get back to the calmness of the moment and think more from my heart instead of my head.  How does this serve me?  I am able to see the small things in life that I normally completely miss and I am finding that I don't feel bored if I have free time.  I'm OK with it and don't feel like I have to find something else I should be doing.  Example:  yesterday after I finished a great book, "The Last Lecture" I was sitting in a comfy chair in our bedroom.  Outside on the patio wall were a group of mockingbirds.  They were simply perched together and exploring their surroundings.  It was really fun just watching them.  They did not sense a human being in their space so were busy checking out our neighors patio - maybe a future nest location?  The point of this discussion, if you are reading this, try to incoroporate into your being the art of living in silence - it will serve you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment