Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Why Complain About How Cold It Is?

We are currently experiencing a cold front here in South Florida.  Currently it's about 50 degrees but with the wind blowing, it feels colder.  I love this change in weather.  I get to haul out my out of state Florida clothing and relish the crisp air.  Mark, my life partner hates it.  He constantly complains how miserable it is and is dressed like he's going into hibernation. I understand where he is coming from as he was born, raised and lived in Chicago for 45 years and his memories include standing in his foyer in the mornings waiting for his car to warm up. He would never go back there in the winter. I on the other hand was raised in California and Arizona and didn't have to live for long periods of time in really cold weather. But I also appreciate the gifts of whatever the weather is showing up.  I get to breathe fresh air, I get to enjoy the sunshine and I live in beauty. There are many places in the world where people live in ungodly environments but they make do and typically don't complain. We will be back to normal temperatures within the week which means 70's to 60's range for the next six months, this I appreciate. What good is complaining, it gets you know where but causes negative feelings that get even more pronounced. Be thankful for who you are, what you have access to and the freedom we enjoy. This cold weather shall change so deal with it as best you can, what else can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment