Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being in Gratitude

I love Thanksgiving and all it's significance as an American. For me, it a special time of year to reflect back on all the gifts and opportunities that showed up this year. I live in gratitude and practice it everyday and it works.  When you are aware of the gifts that show up, no matter how big they are; acknowledge them and you will find that life is a bit easier to live and extraordinary things just happen.

2011 has been a busy year for me with coaching opportunities inside of companies, working with leaders and employees around culture; working with middle-management on being better leaders; working with individual executives sharpening their leadership skills and helping non-profits get more people involved and helping their clients with life skills. I have had the pleasure of traveling, enjoyed the gift of my son and daughter in law visiting from Argentina for a month; watch my granddaughter graduate from high school; enjoy friends; appreciate my good health - mind, body and spirit and having a loving man in my life. I look forward to what 2012 brings but don't dwell on it as that is tomorrow. A big goal of mine is to be part of change in the mortgage industry, helping leaders step forward and embrace a new way of leading, including encouraging more women to step into leadership roles. I am grateful for my friend and associate, Becky Walzak who is a strong woman and who also has a gift of writing. We co-author monthly articles for Progress in Lending e-magazine on leadership, culture, diversity in the mortgage industry.

Take the time to reflect on what you are grateful for this year even if it's just for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment