Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Discovering My Purpose

A light bulb went on today for me.  Since I became a coach in 2004, I have been telling people that my purpose was to guide and inspire business owners and leaders to change.  That's OK but it really didn't set me apart from many other coaches who do the same thing.  My coach training taught me to really Be with my clients where they are now which has given me fundamentally, the foundation for who I am as a coach. I know my place is working with business leaders and their employees as most people who work spend a good deal of their time in their jobs.  Why not love what you do and not have the need to switch it on and off when you leave at the end of the day.

What I am clear about now is that my true purpose is to help business leaders discover and reveal their core values and really get clear on what their purpose is (in simple terms) and drive these values and this purpose throughout their organization.  Doing this will create success, happiness, engaged employees who love what they do and who will thrive in the environment that has been created. Companies who have done this well:  Southwest Airlines, Whole Foods, Microsoft, Starbucks to name a few.  I know there are company leaders out there that want to make a change in their cultures and their lives, to embrace who they are, be more authentic for the good of all and who want to know their higher purpose which will bring them riches in all areas of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment